Bangalore Hash House Harriers
Run Directions Click here for directions to the next run
32 years and still running...
Its the Bangalore chapter of the drinking club with a running problem. We run on (almost) once a month somewhere in the countryside 20-50 km from the centre of town and occasionally indulge in outstation runs and Hash events.
Event Videos (Click here)
Event reports :
Run 723 - The Shashi Bushi Run
July 17, 2022
About 85 hashers from all corners of Bangalore and even visitors from Hyderabad came for this run, which took us to Dhirens Wilderness Retreat, Dr Manjunaths farmhouse. Our kind sponsor literally laid out the red carpet sparing no expense to make hashers comfortable. The run itself was an adventure through green countryside and the Shiva temple hill, followed by festivities under the teak trees with music, dance, circle and lunch.
Immortal Official Hash Scribes version:
The old adage “When milk is available why a cow”, was given a twist to it by Dr.Manjunath. When beer is available why a cow, get a farm and us. We animals available may not be udderly delicious but at least barley interesting. Thanks for considering us.
J.K Rowling must have been a Hasher. A sumptuous breakfast before the run led to a few being noticed stomping outside the portable toilets and pleading “Hurry Potty and Hurry Puttar” to those inside them. Its incomprehensible why one should address someone by clasping their tummies. Anyway this paya potion in the morning does wonders for inspiration Eh!. There is something runny about it. Next time you encounter Harry Potter you know the secret to his origin. He is the result from the Anals of Hash Runs. Give him a Stool.
With ample foliage on the first part of the trail, I am led to believe that the Hares want us to be Green mean Cellulose Machines. The markings on the trail were not white this time but white washed out which is usually not the case but, luckily was alternatively marked by an enormous Hare or brute named Gobar Singh by his emissions biologically. The Hashers were naturally engrossed by the negotiation of these large splotches. All five senses of a Hasher would have been activated if one fell face down in them. A good way to immerse yourself in nature. We Hashers initiate you into it. It’s both natural and organic. Now I hope you understand the efforts that go into making a face pack, a misstep away from a six pack.
“Bum Bum Bole” was the next phase of the Run. With a hump that needed to be overcome it was but natural to rest on your rump after such an obstacle. Few took the opportunity to do it on all fours. Not many understand that Hashers may not ease to please but on a rock it’s the only way to get things done. Otherwise, you just slip and slide with no peak in sight. It’s called Mission impossible. Goes to say you can’t be a Missionary on a Hump. The pool was a great help in getting our organs cooled. Some small mercies in the wild I tell you….
I scream, we scream we all make Ice-cream. The natural product that occurs when so many Hares and offenders have their family jewels on the ice. Hmmm.. I am sure the scream is even better when that ice-cream goes down the right orifice.
The run was named the Shashi-Bushi Run.
- “Phatphatia” Manoj who stepped into the role for the best dressed Harriette. With his Ass-ets on the ice he won pants down beating Chandri, Jayashree and Sheja. He seems to have a better point.
- Virgins Shalu, Deependra and Resham contributed to the screams on the Ice. No Ice-cream here.
- “Kukurukoo of the North” Andrew was appreciated for his oral- tory skills. Of course, with this performance we are sure to attend the Inter-Hash in great numbers from BH3
- Deepa and Shyamala the Harriettes are to be Hares for the Next Run. Now you know what a Double H is.
Shaggy Motor Mouth
Disclaimer: All names and activities mentioned above may or may not be
imaginary and bear no relation to actual personalities or events. The views
expressed by the Scribe are solely his rantings and ramblings suited
particularly for your personal consumption
Sponsors and Volunteers
- Dr.Manjunath and Rekha for the Paya Potion, Biryani, T-Shirts, Logistical Arrangements and Hospitality. We were impressed by the plantations at their farm. Such Im-Plants are a treat to the eye.
- Vishal and “Barmaid” Vasanth for the Vodka at the Water Stop. TripleV now has a meaning.
“Star Dick” Abbas, Mrinal for their assistance at car parking, Water Stop. Next time they would be handing out tickets.
- “Incumming” Sheja, “Hairless Balls” Santosh for registration. They seem to have got hold of your phone numbers. I hope you are ok with a call from a call boy.
- Robert for his Music. He is the culprit for your aching sole.
- “Cyber” Stephen for his futile efforts in attempting a trial hanging with his rope on us. Hope he never gets it right.
- Vinod, “Barmaid” Vasanth for manning the Bar Counter. The spirits wouldn’t be just right without them
- GM “Pervert Producer” Abnash for being what he is.
- Hares for the Run GM “Pervert Producer” Abnash, Dr.Manjunath, Rekha, Venkat, Vishal, “Interupther" Kotresh, “ Shaggy Motor Mouth” Gora
Click on any picture here to see a larger view!